True Life Church began in revival. A series of revival meetings in 1932 and another in 1935 saw many brought into the kingdom of God, baptized in the Holy Spirit, and transformed by the power of God. Following the 1935 revival, a building was purchased on North National Avenue. Northeast Assembly of God was chartered with 49 members under the sponsorship of Central Assemblies of God.
In 1946, a lot was purchased at the corner of East Avenue and Dale Street. In 1952, Northeast Assembly underwent a name change and became Bethel Assembly of God. Ground was broken on the new building on Dale Street on April 3, 1952 and the church moved in on July 12, 1953 to the place they would call home for the next 54 years. Under the leadership of Pastor Charles Harris, the building was finished and a large portion of debt was paid off.
Pastor D. W. Wartenbee became pastor of Bethel in 1967 led the church faithfully for 44 years until his retirement in 20011. Under his leadership, Bethel developed a bus ministry and a radio ministry, and purchased 20 acres north of Central Bible College on North Grant Avenue. This new property became Bethel’s home in 2007.
In April 2014, Bethel Assembly of God became True Life Church.
In 2017, Pastor Dan & Diane Martin accepted the pastorate of True Life.
Although our congregation has been through many changes over the past 85 years, our passion continues to be the same as it was from the beginning in 1932: That lives would be changed and transformed by the power of God and that we would make a difference in our community by connecting in relationships, communicating God’s Word, and cultivating life in the Spirit.